Thursday, May 26, 2011

Part 5

Having seen the price of Lada's lately (in particular Larry on ebay) I thought it was time to install an anti theft device in the Kernow Riva


In reality, I had to get it apart because of the cracked steering column bracket
Very Happy


Recieved some news today that was not what we were expecting (which puts more of a delay on ordering parts from www.lada.co.uk Crying or Very sad
Added to that a load of hassle yesterday when we were told our benefit was stopped because of a cock up in the system (not our fault and all sorted now)

Anyway I was feeling the need to take out my aggression on something...............So one of the jobs on the Riva was moved forward, and I attacked it with the angle grinder!!!!!!!!!



I need to get a new hammer and chisel plus some metal drill bits and spend the next few days and weeks chiseling the remaining bits off. (well I do have all the time in the world)

Following advice from, another forum member I was expecting to find the bottom of the inner wing (where it meets the sill) to be a crumbling mess.

This was what I found


Curiosity got the better of me, so I cut a bit out of the other side to check that as well.



They are both intact..........YippeeeVery Happy

Temper cooled, Time to button up against the weather cos It was time to get the kids from school.




Tomorrows job will be to attack with a wire brush, curust and a coat of primer on those inner wings.
At least I've got some more scrap metal to practice my arc welding on Very Happy Very Happy